Looking for a female-oriented training environment without a whiff of male ego or testosterone? A women-only camp is the solution.
Training camps are one of the best ways to develop your fitness and skills – we’re offering a structured and female-friendly environment to help you make the most of your training.
2016 Women’s Camp 25th Sept – 2nd Oct
Is this camp for me?
- You should be able to complete a ride of 50 miles comfortably
- You are comfortable riding in a group of cyclists on a road in traffic
- You have basic cycling skills and bike handling knowledge
- You’re looking to challenge yourself in a supportive environment
What kind of riding will we do?
- Distance: 40-75 miles per day
- Terrain: Steady mountain climbs and sweeping descents
Do I need to bring my own bike?
No, we offer bike hire from £18 per day for a 105 equipped Felt road bike right through to £43 per day for one of Merida’s top carbon racing bikes with DuraAce. This might be the perfect opportunity to try out a new bike without having to buy a new one! We can also provide helmets and pedals for hire.
I’ve never ridden in mountains before, will I be okay?
If you match the ‘Is this camp for me’ description above, then yes, you’ll have no trouble climbing and descending the beautiful Andalusian mountains. Most climbs are steady, with a consistent gradient of around 10%. The ride leaders will pace the group to make sure everyone reaches the top together with stops where necessary to have a breather, grab a snack or take a photo.
If we haven’t covered your question here then just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you with an answer.
26th Feb – 5th Mar 2017
- Rides led by expert female racer
- 6 days structured riding
- 7 nights 4* accommodation (Half board)
- UCI qualified coach guidance on all structured rides
- Skills workshops (How to: climb, descend and corner)
- Nutrition and training advice
- Airport transfers
- Post-ride coffee and cakes!
- 1 hr wet spa use per day
- Mechanical assistance**
- Vehicle support follow car***
*Subject to availability and supplement. **Parts not included. ***Breakdown recovery subject to supplement
(Subject to change)
|Thur||Rest day / short ride|
We support women’s cycling
We’re proud to sponsor UK women’s team eliteVelo Kalas. The team trained with us in February in preparation for a busy season of racing.
Cycling holiday checklist
Here’s our list of everything you’ll need to pack for camp plus a few of our top tips on flying with bikes and making sure you get the most out of your training week.
If a women-only camp isn’t quite your thing or you’ve got some male friends you don’t want to leave behind, check out our other camps.